• Antique Shepherd's Leg Crook.
• Grooved back following through to guide
• L shape sweep to leg guide
• Raised single opening swirl.
• Mouth opening 1 inch
• Crook D in the multiple pic.
• Style typical to West Country.
• Ash shaft
The shepherd was the highest paid of all the farm workers on a farm - he held the most responsibility looking after the master's flock.
This is a leg crook and would have been his everyday working crook. There are also Neck crooks, dipping crooks etc which were used only seasonally.