• Antique Shepherd's Leg Crook.
• Leg crook with round back
• Gentle curved sweep to leg guide
• Raised 1 1/2 swirls to finial
• Mouth opening 1 inch
• Crook M in the multiple pic.
• County probably East Anglia
• Original Ash shaft .
The shepherd was the highest paid of all the farm workers on a farm - he held the most responsibility looking after the master's flock.
This is a leg crook and would have been his everyday working crook. There are also Neck crooks, dipping crooks etc which were used only seasonally.