• 19th Cent Shepherd's Leg Crook. Nice short hand crook on original shaft.
• Leg crook with shallow curve
• Straight sweep to leg guide
• Tight 1 1/2 swirls to finial
• Strengthening plate added to front
• Mouth opening 1.75 inch
• Crook L in the multiple pic.
• County not known.
• Original Ash shaft with ball end.
The shepherd was the highest paid of all the farm workers on a farm - he held the most responsibility looking after the master's flock.
This is a leg crook and would have been his everyday working crook. There are also Neck crooks, dipping crooks etc which were used only seasonally.