• Antique Shepherd's Leg Crook.
• This is an early cast crook from early 1900s
• Deep sweeping curve with flat finial
• Mouth opening 1 inch
• Crook J in the multiple pic.
• Generic so not identified with a specific county
• Oak shaft
The shepherd was the highest paid of all the farm workers on a farm - he held the most responsibility looking after the master's flock.
This is a leg crook and would have been his everyday working crook. There are also Neck crooks, dipping crooks etc which were used only seasonally.