Dimensions:H: 98cm (38.6")
• Antique Shepherd's Leg Crook.
• This is an early cast crook from early 1900s
• Deep sweeping curve with flat finial
• Mouth opening 1 inch
• Crook J in the multiple pic.
• Generic so not identified with a specific county
• Oak shaft
The shepherd was the highest paid of all the farm workers on a farm - he held the most responsibility looking after the master's flock.
This is a leg crook and would have been his everyday working crook. There are also Neck crooks, dipping crooks etc which were used only seasonally.
Fill in this form to email this item to a friend
Fill in this form to send us your enquiry