• Antique Shepherd's Leg Crook.
• Leg crook with good proportions
• Straight sweep to leg guide
• Raised single swirl.
• Mouth opening 1 inch
• Crook A in the multiple pic.
• Style typical to East Anglia.
• Original Ash shaft
• Initials on shaft
The shepherd was the highest paid of all the farm workers on a farm - he held the most responsibility looking after the master's flock.
This is a leg crook and would have been his everyday working crook. There are also Neck crooks, dipping crooks etc which were used only seasonally.